Innovative and of a great visual impact, the outdoor projection lights have countless decorative potentials. They can decorate your outdoor environment in just a few seconds and are perfect for creating a relaxing, romantic, or festive atmosphere regardless of the season.
In fact, the outdoor projection lights are perfect to use for pool parties, holidays, or special events such as a birthday, wedding, or other celebration.
On the market, there are different types of outdoor projection lights that use either LED or laser light sources. Both types come with advantages and disadvantages, described in the guide below. If you don’t feel like reading, check the best outdoor projection lights by clicking the links in the table below.
#1 Star Shower Motion Laser Lights Star Projector
#2 Bulbhead Star Shower Static Laser Lights Star Projector
#3 Blinbling LED Projector Light
#4 BOSSJOY Projector Lights 12 Pattern Gobos Garden Lamp
#5 YINUO LIGHT Outdoor Spotlight Rotating Led Light
- Why Use Outdoor Projection Lights In Your Garden?
- Types Of Outdoor Projection Lights
- LED Outdoor Projection Lights
- Laser Outdoor Projection Lights
- Which Areas To Decorate With The Outdoor Projection Lights?
- 1. Star Shower Motion Laser Lights Star Projector
- 2. Bulbhead Star Shower Static Laser Lights Star Projector
- 3. Blinbling LED Projector Light
- 4. BOSSJOY Projector Lights 12 Pattern Gobos Garden Lamp
- 5. YINUO LIGHT Outdoor Spotlight Rotating Led Light
- Conclusion & Final Pick
Why Use Outdoor Projection Lights In Your Garden?
Outdoor projection lights are designed to add style and glamour to your property. The luminous flood is produced by a light source, which in the case of most commercial projection lights is either LED or laser. The lamp is placed in a lamp body made of plastic or aluminum and projected through a magnifying glass that distributed the bright beam at a certain distance.
In this way, the outdoor projection lights can decorate a narrower or wider area, depending on how you’ve placed them in the garden.
Beautifying your walls, plants, or other garden elements, the outdoor projection lights can have countless uses. Here are just a few reasons to consider investing in them:
- You’ll be able to create spectacular decorations without any effort;
- You can easily install them by yourself;
- They are a cheaper alternative to other decorative garden lighting solutions;
- They can illuminate remote areas;
- You can decorate a wide perimeter with just one light source;
- They operate at a low voltage and are safe to use.
Most outdoor projection lights come with attachments that allow you to customize the beam, projecting various motifs such as holidays decorations, stars, flowers, Halloween patterns, and more. Literally suitable for all occasions, the outdoor projection lights are a quick and affordable garden decoration solution.
Types Of Outdoor Projection Lights
On the market, there are various types of outdoor projection lights. The most accessible and easy to find can be divided into two categories based on the light source. We can distinguish, therefore, between LED and laser lights.
There are also some projection lights based on halogen or incandescent lamps, but they are used rarely and are very hard to find nowadays.
The choice between LED and laser is often driven by a personal preference. However, each type has its own advantages and downsides. Let’s have a look at them.
LED Outdoor Projection Lights
- They are the more affordable than laser;
- More light colors available, including white;
- The technology was established a few years ago, is tested and safe to use;
- The projectors are compact and fit in small spaces;
- The projection lights are visible during the day and you’ll be easy to decorate the garden at any hour;
- Most LED lights are able to change colors for a fascinating visual effect;
- The electrical consumption is low.
- The depth of light is minor compared to laser and they project the light at lower distances;
- The light intensity decreases as the distance increases;
- They are not fully visible on plants and trees.
Laser Outdoor Projection Lights
- The light intensity is higher compared to the LED lights;
- Allow you to cover wider areas and longer distances;
- The light intensity is reduced slowly and gradually at long distances;
- Low voltage use. The class 1 and class 2 lasers are safe to use and they don’t damage the eyesight in case of accidental projection;
- The technology has a good level of maturation;
- The projection lights are visible on all surfaces, including plants and trees;
- Easy to direct towards the interested area.
- Laser projection lights tend to be expensive;
- The light shades are limited to few colors, most of the times green, red, and blue;
- The motifs and patterns are also limited. In most cases, your only options will be dots, small stars, and few other shapes.
Which Areas To Decorate With The Outdoor Projection Lights?
Both LED and laser projection lights can offer valid lighting solutions for most areas of your garden. You can use them to decorate the walls of your house or to highlight an area, such as a gazebo. Outdoor projection lights can also be used to create a suggestive setting for a special occasion.
If you decided to invest in LED projection lights, it is recommended to use them to decorate the walls of your house, the outdoor walls of a terrace or porch, the rooftop of a gazebo, or other premises.
I’d suggest investing in laser projection lights if you want to highlight your plants and trees, if you want to add brightness to the pool or garden pond, for an outdoor dance ring or other premises that need a strong light beam.
1. Star Shower Motion Laser Lights Star Projector
The Star Shower Motion Laser Lights Star Projector is one of the most popular types of outdoor projection lights available on the market. It is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use, and the neutral star shower is suitable for all seasons and occasions.The laser light is designed to project holographic lights even from a distance and it comes with a lawn stake that allows you to install it in seconds. For indoor use, the manufacturer also included a flat base, ideal to use on any hard surfaces.The projector comes with a built-in daylight sensor that turns on the dazzle of stars automatically at nighttime. Moreover, you’ll also be able to choose between two projection settings.The projector is waterproof and it can be installed anywhere in the garden. thanks to the lawn stake, it is also easy to change the projection direction and even the position of the projector whenever you want.View price
Things We Liked
- Two modes: choose between static projection or motion, depending on the occasion, highlighted subject, and preference.
- Dual use: the projector is designed for both outdoor and indoor use and it comes with a flat base that allows you to place it on a floor or table.
- Energy consumption: the laser light required little energy although it provides a bright beam of light.
- Pattern: the star shower pattern is ideal for both winter holidays and summer parties. Switch between modes to match the lighting to the event.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Some users consider the lights too dim.
2. Bulbhead Star Shower Static Laser Lights Star Projector
If you’re looking for a static yet bright star shower, as those advertised on TV, then the Bulbhead Star Shower Static Laser Lights Star Projector might be the right one for you. These outdoor projection lights are designed to cover a wide area, projecting brilliant and beautiful stars.The projector includes two projection modes. In detail, you’ll be able to choose between red and green stars or only green. The projector is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use and it can be installed easily, without the need for ladders.The unit is weather resistant and suitable to be left outdoors even in the winter. Thanks to this feature, the projector can be used to decorate your house or garden during the holiday season.The holographic lights can project from over 100 yards away and are able to cover an area of 3200 square feet. It is suitable for small and large properties alike.View price
Things We Liked
- Modes: for a festive event you can use the dual color mode, while for everyday decorations you can choose to project only the green lights.
- Weather resistant: suitable for the outdoors, the projector is weather resistant. It is also easy to install thanks to the lawn stake.
- Wide coverage: the beam of lights is able to cover 3200 square feet.
- Suitable for the indoors: the projector comes with a flat base that transforms it into a convenient indoor projector.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The light sensor that turns the projector on and off is not always working properly.
3. Blinbling LED Projector Light
If you’re willing to give up on brightness in exchange for a wide choice of shapes and colors, then you could consider the Blinbling LED Projector Light. This outdoor projector boasts a wide range of patterns and is suitable for all seasons and occasions.The 14 patterns included are designed to dance on your landscape, and you be able to choose from shapes suitable for Christmas, weddings, birthdays, carnivals, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and more.The projector is easy to install in the garden, it is waterproof and weather resistant. The unit has an IP65 waterproof level and it comes with a built-in automatic timer that keeps the lights on for 6 hours. The lights are not triggered by the day-night cycle and it turns on every 18 hours.These outdoor projection lights also come with a satisfaction guarantee. A friendly customer service is happy to answer all your demands and you can ask for a refund if you’re not completely satisfied.View price
Things We Liked
- Design: this projector is designed to decorate your garden or yard regardless of the season. It has 14 pattern lens suitable for all events and occasions.
- Wide application: the projection lights can be used both outdoors and indoors and are suitable for festivals, carnivals, or simply to decorate your property according to the season.
- Weather resistant: this projector is weather resistant and waterproof. It is designed to withstand all kinds of weathers and it is FDA approved.
- Guaranteed: the projector comes with a 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t just love the projector, ask for a full refund.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The manufacturer doesn’t provide any replacement slides in case you break or lose the ones in the package.
4. BOSSJOY Projector Lights 12 Pattern Gobos Garden Lamp
BOSSJOY Projector Lights 12 Pattern Gobos Garden Lamp is a LED light projector equipped with 12 different slides designed to suit every occasion and every season. The slides are colorful, easy to change, and decorated with neutral or themed motifs.The projector is designed for the outdoors but also suitable to use indoors. It is waterproof, weather resistant and equipped with an integrated timer that switches it on and off. In detail, the timer is designed to switch the projector on every 18 hours and to keep it running for 6 hours.Another feature we like is the fact that you can control the speed of the motion. The projector has three speeds, slow, medium, and fast, and there is also an option to project the lights in a static mode.Regarding brightness and clarity, the projector is powerful and colorful. You can choose between a series of multicolor and white images, while the soft LED light is safe to look at. This is extremely useful especially if you have young children.View price
Things We Liked
- Slides: the projector comes with 12 slides that are suitable for any occasion. Use the neutral decorations every day and switch to the themed slides whenever you want.
- Timer: the unit has an integrated timer designed to set the lights on at predetermined intervals. The lights will also turn off automatically.
- Power button: set the desired motion speed between slow, medium, and fast. You can also choose to project a static image.
- Safe: the LED light is safe to look at. This is useful especially if you have young children who are tempted to look at bright lights.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The projection lights don’t cover a wide area. The recommended distance is around 15-20 feet.
5. YINUO LIGHT Outdoor Spotlight Rotating Led Light
This outdoor spotlight is an alternative to the traditional LED or laser units. The spotlight is actually an adjustable kaleidoscope projector suitable for both indoors and outdoors and that boasts two light modes designed to enhance the beauty of your outdoor space.The projector has a unique design and is really easy to install. It comes with a detachable ground stake that provides a fixed and stable position outdoors and with a mounting bracket that allows you to adjust the position of the lights at different angles.Regarding the lights, you can choose between blue and warm white. The colors are switchable from a button and you’ll be able to create the atmosphere you like in a blink of an eye.The projector is waterproof, weather resistant, and ideal for residential or commercial premises.View price
Things We Liked
- Kaleidoscope: suitable to use every day of the year, in any setting and for any occasion, this kaleidoscope projector will boost the curb appeal of your property.
- 2 color modes: you can easily switch between blue and warm while from a button. There are available other color combinations.
- Easy installation: the lights are easy to install thanks to the ground stake. It is also possible to adjust the lighting angle thanks to a bracket.
- Quality: the lights have a lifespan of 50.000 hours while the durable ABS plastic housing is waterproof and weather resistant.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The lights don’t have a spectacular effect in bright light, therefore consider any outdoor lighting you have before investing in this projector.
Conclusion & Final Pick
Choosing the best outdoor projection lights, beyond the technical features, is almost impossible. The best projection lights are those who comply with your tastes and those you like best.
In our case, the best outdoor projection lights are the Star Shower Motion Laser Lights. These projection lights are suitable for both indoors and outdoors, the powerful laser is visible both on walls and on the plants, and they are suitable for any season and occasion.
The lights are even visible in daylight, while a built-in sensor knows just when to turn them on and off.
The projector is waterproof, weather resistant, easy to install, and it comes with an additional flat base designed for indoor use. Powerful and attractive, these are some outdoor projection lights to consider.