Whether you need a small thrower to clear your paths and driveways or a heavy-duty machine for professional use, a Husqvarna snow blower might be right for you.
Boasting reliability, resistance, and power, Husqvarna’s machines are made to impress.
But with dozens of models out there, why choose Husqvarna?
Read our guide to find it out or click on the links in the table below to check some of the best Husqvarna snow blowers on the market.
- 1 Why A Husqvarna Snow Blower?
- 2 How To Choose A Husqvarna Snow Blower
- 3 The Best Husqvarna Snow Blower
- 3.1 1. Husqvarna ST224 Two Stage Electric Start Snow Blower
- 3.2 2. Husqvarna ST224P Two Stage Snow Thrower
- 3.3 3. Husqvarna ST230P Two Stage Snow Blower
- 3.4 4. Husqvarna ST227P 2-Stage Electric Start Snow Thrower
- 3.5 5. Husqvarna ST121 Single Stage Electric Start Snow Thrower
- 4 Conclusion & Final Pick
Why A Husqvarna Snow Blower?
When choices reduce to the name of a brand, one of the most frequent questions is why. Why should you trust that brand? What makes it better? How are their products better than the others?
In the case of Husqvarna, the brand is synonymous with high-quality power tools and landscape care equipment. Their range of products includes a wide range of lawn mowers, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, and also a series of powerful snow blowers designed for residential and professional use.
But what makes Husqvarna popular goes beyond the reliability of their machines. The brand is popular for its affordability. While the professional equipment might seem expensive at a first glance, it’s actually affordable when compared to the competition. And things are the same in the case of the residential equipment.
In other words, Husqvarna power tools might have some flaws but they are inexpensive and still powerful and reliable. Moreover, the manufacturer gives the possibility to test their power tools before buying, in the case of commercial purchases, which is a big plus.
Now, if you’re a mere homeowner wondering why you should invest your hard-earned money in a Husqvarna snow blower, the reason is simple. A Husqvarna snow blower won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Any power tool from the manufacturer comes with a solid warranty, there are dozens of service centers scattered throughout the country (and the world), and the products are of quality.
We believe these are good enough reasons to consider Husqvarna for your next purchase.
How To Choose A Husqvarna Snow Blower
Residential or Professional
When selecting the products for testing, our expert gardening team noticed Husqvarna categorizes its models into residential and professional. Those machines designed for intense commercial use are signed with a P next to their model number and are different from the residential ones in that they are made to resist to heavy-duty work.
Of course, you can invest in a professional machine and use it for residential purposes if you want to. This might be beneficial if you live in areas with heavy snows, where extra-power is always appreciated. However, expect to take out of your pocket a few extra bucks.
On the other hand, the series of residential use snow blowers includes a variety of models designed to deal with all types and quantities of snow.
Two of the most important things to consider when choosing a Husqvarna snow blower is the size of your property and the amount of snow in your area. A powerful snow blower with a wide working width is ideal to use in wide areas or if there is heavy and deep snow. However, a wide machine might be difficult to maneuver in a small backyard.
On the other hand, a narrower working width is not only perfect for a small property, it might also be perfect for large surfaces covered in dry snow.
The manufacturer proposes a wide range of working widths for residential and professional use, varying between 21 and 30 inches.
Husqvarna’s snow blowers are gas-powered and the size of the engine will determine the performance of the unit. Similar to the working width, a powerful engine will help you finish work faster and will deal with heavy snow without issues.
Yet, a smaller engine might save you money and be enough for a compact unit designed for light-duty. When deciding what engine is best for you, consider the size of the property and the amount of snow in your area.
Single or Dual Stage
Another decision to make based on the size of the property and amount of snow. Husqvarna’s single stage snow blowers are compact, perfect to clear narrow driveways and walkways, lightweight, and easy to store or transport.
But for areas with heavy snow or for a large property, a dual stage snow blower is more effective in clearing the snow.
The machine’s feature will ultimately define your user experience. You can have the most powerful snow blower on the market, but if maneuvering the unit is difficult and the machine doesn’t come with additional features, you’ll still not like it.
As far as Husqvarna snow blowers are concerned, these units come with trigger controlled power steering, a feature that allows you to control each wheel separately. This ensures an easy handling of the unit on all terrains and an easy 180° turning in small areas, which is awesome.
A rotating chute is another desirable feature. Because more often than not you’ll want to control the throwing direction. And speaking about throwing, you’ll probably also want to control the throwing distance, so make sure it’s adjustable.
Ultimately, check if there are accessories designed to make your life easier and the chores more pleasant. A great accessory is a snow blower cab designed to protect you from snow, wind, and even blizzards. Another accessory you might want is a cover for your machine, that will keep the unit protected when not in use. This is important, especially when storing the unit outdoors.
The Best Husqvarna Snow Blower
1. Husqvarna ST224 Two Stage Electric Start Snow Blower
Husqvarna ST224 is a dual stage snow blowers developed for residential use. The machine addresses homeowners who need a high-performing unit to clear heavy snow from wide areas, and it comes with impressive features.The adjustable skid shoes are one of the features we like best because they give the possibility to use the snow blower on all types of surfaces. Moreover, the unit’s stability is ensured by heavy-duty 15-inch tires and it is really easy to handle.Check Price on Amazon
Regarding performance, the unit is powered by a 208cc Husqvarna 4-stroke engine that provides enough power to lift up heavy snow in a breeze. The 24-inch clearing width makes the machine perfect for most properties and the snow blower is designed to deal with all types of snow.
The two-stage system and the high throwing capacity are other characteristics we like. As for the comfort, the unit comes with adjustable height handle and heated handle grips, convenient LED headlights, a remote-controlled chute and an electric starter for an easy start in all weather conditions.
Things We Liked
- Ribbon auger: the heavy-duty auger is designed to mix air into the snow, making it easier to handle and clear from the property.
- Adjustable handle: Husqvarna knows that people are different and equipped its machine with a height-adjustable handle.
- Clearing width: with a 24-inch clearing width, this snow blower is ideal for most properties. It helps you clear off wide surfaces in little time and is also easy to maneuver in small spaces.
- Friction disc transmission: the unit has 6 forward speeds and one rear; the friction disc transmission allows an easy change of the speed depending on the snow conditions.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The impeller could have been manufactured in a more effective way.
2. Husqvarna ST224P Two Stage Snow Thrower
Husqvarna ST224P is the professional version of the snow blower described above, and the differences between the two units aren’t excessive. However, this unit has been developed for intense professional use and is made to last for a longer time.The unit is powered by the same 208cc Husqvarna 4-stroke engine that powers a 12-inch ribbon auger. The auger’s improved performance and 24-inch clearing width make this snow blower perfect for all areas, while the machine can easily deal with all types of snow.Check Price on Amazon
The snow blower benefits from an electric start and power steering control. It is easy to maneuver on all types of terrains, although it is recommended to use it mostly on smooth surfaces. Clearing width apart, the unit can deal with snow accumulations between two and 12 inches.
To improve the user experience and to allow professionals to work in all light conditions, the unit is equipped with powerful LED headlights. The adjustable handle with heated grips, the remote rotating chute, and the friction disc transmission are further features that make this snow blower great.
Things We Liked
- Tires: this unit is equipped with 15-inch heavy-duty tires designed to provide stability on all types of terrains.
- Start: this Husqvarna snow blower comes with an electric start button and power steering. It is easy to turn on and also easy to maneuver in all spaces.
- Warranty: the unit is backed up by a 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. The engine has a separate warranty of 5 years.
- Easy to assemble: the unit is easy to put together and it comes with a comprehensive instructions manual.
Things We Didn’t Like
- There have been reported cases of defective auger belts.
3. Husqvarna ST230P Two Stage Snow Blower
Husqvarna ST230P Two Stage Snow Blower is another model designed for frequent heavy-duty use. Despite numerous similarities between this unit and those mentioned above, there are significant differences that can make this blower more or less suitable for your purpose.To begin with, this blower is powered by a more powerful engine. It’s still a 4-stroke Husqvarna engine but it has 291cc. The larger engine capacity means the unit can deal easier with heavy snow and it can cover a larger surface in less time.Check Price on Amazon
And that’s exactly what the unit is made for. It has a clearing width of 30 inches and it can deal with accumulations of snow between 2 and 12 inches. The unit’s stability is also improved compared to the previous models, thanks to the 16-inch tires.
The unit is easy to start thanks to the electric start button, while maneuvering it in tight spaces is a breeze, thanks to the trigger controlled power steering which allows you to rotate each wheel separately. Other than this, the unit comes with LED headlights, heated handle grips, and a friction disc transmission.
Things We Liked
- Easy to handle: this unit is very easy to handle on snow or in tight spaces, thanks to the 16-inch tires and trigger controlled power steering.
- Engine: powerful and reliable, the engine is designed to clear snow in a breeze. The unit is equipped with a 291cc Husqvarna engine.
- Clearing width: this unit is ideal for heavy-duty professional use thanks to the 30-inch clearing width. The maximum clearing depth is 12 inches.
- Comfort: despite its weight, the unit is easy to control and has a low level of vibration. Together with the heated handle grips, this makes the unit comfortable to handle.
Things We Didn’t Like
- This unit also has an issue with the auger belt and might be damaged by ice.
4. Husqvarna ST227P 2-Stage Electric Start Snow Thrower
Powered by a 254cc Husqvarna 4-stroke engine, the ST227P is a professional snow blower designed for heavy-duty use. The unit is able to remove snow from the driveways in a breeze, it has a clearing width of 27 inches and it can deal with snow accumulations up to 12 inches.The unit is similar to the other models from the manufacturer. It comes with a remote chute deflector and remote chute rotator, its stability is ensured by 15-inch tires, while the 12-inch ribbon auger lifts snow effortlessly and mix it with air for easier clearing.Check Price on Amazon
The unit is also easy to start, thanks to the electric start button. Moreover, the trigger controlled power steering ensures an incredible maneuverability even in tight spaces. The blower performs wonderfully on smooth or gravel surfaces.
We also like the other convenient features such as the heated handle grips and height adjustable handle, the powerful LED headlights and the friction disc transmission. Furthermore, the 2.7-liter fuel tank will keep the unit up and running for a really long time.
Things We Liked
- Aluminum gearbox: the unit comes with a friction disc transmission and an aluminum gearbox designed to last for a long time.
- Engine: thanks to the powerful engine, the unit deals with all types of snow and can easily clear wide areas.
- Rotating chute: the unit’s chute rotates to 180° and comes with a remote deflector. Controlling the throwing direction is easy.
- Assemble: the unit is very easy to assemble and the instructions manual provides all necessary information.
Things We Didn’t Like
- On reverse gear, the unit is really slow.
5. Husqvarna ST121 Single Stage Electric Start Snow Thrower
If you live in an area with light snow and are looking for an inexpensive Husqvarna snow blower designed for occasional residential use, the Husqvarna ST121 Single Stage Electric Start Snow Thrower might be perfect for you.This snow blower is powered by a 208cc Husqvarna 4-stroke engine and boasts a compact footprint and lightweight convenience. The unit is easy to push and easy to maneuver in small spaces, while the 8-inch tires provide sufficient stability.Check Price on Amazon
The unit has a 21-inch clearing width and it comes with an 8-inch auger that lifts snow effortlessly. This makes the unit perfect for small properties, while the single-stage throwing makes it ideal for areas with dry snow.
This snow blower works wonderfully with accumulations of snow up to 6 inches, and it is designed for use on mainly smooth surfaces. Among the features we like, we can mention the electric start, height adjustable handle, and the over-mold bail arm. On a downside, although the chute rotates, it can only be controlled manually. This might become annoying.
Things We Liked
- Size: this unit is compact and perfect for light-duty residential use. It has a compact footprint, it is easy to maneuver and convenient to store.
- Choice: the unit is available with or without headlights. This is great as you’ll have the option to choose the adequate unit.
- Auger: the heavy-duty auger is designed to protect the driveways and walkways from damage, and is made of ply rubber.
- Easy to start: the 208cc engine starts with a simple touch of a button. The electric start allows you to use the unit effortlessly in all weathers.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The chute is controlled manually and the single-stage auger has a low performance on heavy snow.
Conclusion & Final Pick
Featuring most of the qualities of a professional unit but coming at an affordable price, Husqvarna ST224 is the unit that impressed us the most. It has the right clearing path for both small and large properties, it comes with an adjustable handle and heated grips, it has six speeds and a heavy-duty auger.
Many of the unit’s features are comparable with those of a professional unit, including the 208cc Husqvarna 4-stroke engine. Stability is ensured by 15-inch tires, while the adjustable skid shoes make it possible to use the unit on all surfaces.
The manufacturer might improve the impeller’s quality and maybe the quality of the belt, but other than that, the unit is impressive and, in our opinion, it is the best Husqvarna snow blower on the market.