The Husqvarna 128LD model is an incredibly powerful string trimmer that has been made by a company that’s got a rich history that dates back to the late 1600s.
For more than 300 years, the Husqvarna Corporation has been making a wide variety of high-quality devices that meet all the customer’s needs. Their products are examples of the team’s passion for quality and their superb engineering skills.
Their catalog products include everything from stoves, weapons, sewing machines to a ton of the power tools you see today.
This string trimmer is a lightweight device that you can use for several mowing and trimming activities. Is a beautiful landscaped yard or garden something you’d like to have? If yes, this powerful gas string trimmer can help you make this a reality.
In this review, we’ll look closely at what makes this device so good.
Any time you’re buying a tool you want to use to get some work done, it’s vital you carefully evaluate the product’s features and how they can help you do what needs to get done.
So, let’s take a look at what the Husqvarna 128LD 17” string trimmer has to offer.
Start-Up and Fuel
A smart fuel pump, coupled with an advanced start recoil function, helps make the trimmer easy. It contains a braided and strong wire cable drive with a semi-automatic T25 trimmer head.
This gas-powered string trimmer device features a 28cc engine. While it is only a two-cycle engine, you will have more than enough power with its one-horsepower output.
Although, don’t forget that you’ll need to give this two-cycle engine a gas-oil mix if you want it to run properly.
This tool comes with several separate attachments, eleven of them to be exact, allowing users to transform it into different tools for different kinds of garden activities like mowing, cutting, and edging.
The manual inside the package has useful and simple instructions that help make it easy to use and make the string trimmer setup simple.
This string trimmer features a 0.095-inch string that covers the 17-inch cutting width. While this string might be slightly bulkier than what you’d find in some weed eaters, it is also harder to blow by the thicker stalks and thicker clumps.
Its bump head feature will give you the ability to quickly add more string as you’re working without having to switch the tool off.
This fantastic gas-powered string trimmer contains an air purge function that helps give it a more efficient startup.
It also runs very smoothly, which means you won’t have to worry about the numb/vibrating hand thing once you’re done with it. That’s somewhat of a huge win when it comes to string trimmers.
The Husqvarna 128LD string trimmer is an 11-pound tool that packs quite the punch. The fact that’s it’s not bulky and still so powerful is quite impressive.
You won’t be complaining of back pain once you’re done using the tool, which is a big advantage when it comes to string trimmers.
- A two-cycle X-Torq 28cc engine, which means significantly reduced emission levels and less fuel consumption
- Smart Start system- ensures that the trimmer starts up both effortlessly and quickly. This convenient switch function automatically resets the device’s “ON” position when the machine is off. This helps make it easy to start every time.
- Several separate attachments give you the ability to convert the trimmer into many other types of garden tools.
- It weighs only about 10.8-pounds
- Its detachable shaft makes it easier to both store and transport around.
- It has an easy-to-use bump string feed.
- Two-year limited warranty. However, the attachments and engine aren’t covered in this limited policy.
- Thirty-day money-back guarantee, with a full refund
- It’s a multi-functional tool that will save you money instead of purchasing many other separate tools.
- You can use it without interruption for approximately up to ten hours or so. Unlike the battery-powered models, you won’t need to stop work now and then because you need to charge the trimmer.
- 11-pounds might be too bulky for a person that has an average build
- String doesn’t discharge fully automatically
- Somewhat on the pricey side. However, considering the many different tasks this one product can accomplish, its exorbitant price might just be justified.
- Having to use gas and then deal with the fumes that come with it can be cumbersome.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Husqvarna trimmers worth it?
If you don’t know this by now, they are. They’re truly still one of the best manufacturers in the game, without a doubt, especially as far as yard/outdoor equipment is concerned. You can buy any trimmer made by this company and be sure you’ll be getting a top-quality product.
Who designed the Husqvarna 128LD engine?
That might depend on where you get your model from. However, in general, engines inside Husqvarna trimmers are made by Honda or Poulan. This is across most of their engine-powered products and not just string trimmers.
If you reside in an area where your yard or garden is prone to the growth of weeds and thick bushes, then this Husqvarna gas-powered string trimmer is what you need in your life.
This multi-purpose garden tool can easily accomplish very different tasks, including hedging, mowing, and trimming. It’s durable, well-built, and will last you a long time.
With a long run time and multi-functional capability, this powerful string trimmer will allow you to hack down those thick, overgrown bushes and manicure your lawn in no time at all. You’re also not going to be tired from carrying the trimmer around all afternoon because it’s relatively light.
If you’re okay with breaking the bank just a little to get more on your investment, then this gas-powered trimmer is something that you should strongly consider. Hopefully, this review has shown you why this particular string trimmer is so good.