An indoor waterfall fountain can easily increase the value of your home. But with dozens of models and styles available on the market, how to choose the best one?
When deciding which is the best waterfall fountain for your indoor garden, consider your interior design. In a traditional or rustic environment, a stone fountain works wonders.
A Zen waterfall fountain integrates with success in a minimalist décor. While a wall-mounted waterfall complements a modern or contemporary space.
Read on to find out why you need an such a fountain or click on the links in the table below to check some of the best models on the market.[wptb id="7462" not found ]
- Benefits Of An Indoor Waterfall Fountain
- Types Of Indoor Waterfall Fountains
- How To Choose The Best Waterfall Fountain
- Best Waterfall Fountain: A Top 5
- 1. Alpine Tiered Column Tabletop Fountain with 3-Candles
- 2. HoMedics Envirascape Silver Springs Illuminated Relaxation Fountain
- 3. Alpine Mirror Waterfall with Decorative Stones and Light
- 4. Mirrored Waterfall Light Show LED Fountain
- 5. SereneLife Desktop Waterfall Fountain
- Conclusion & Final Pick
Benefits Of An Indoor Waterfall Fountain
An indoor waterfall fountain brings many benefits. Apart from raising the curb appeal of your property and increasing the value of your house, such a design element has therapeutic effects. Integrating a fountain into your indoor garden is easy, even if you’re living in a tiny studio flat. There are dozens of styles and sizes available on the market, ranging from small countertop decorations to wall-mounted or even wall-integrated pieces.
One of the major benefits of an indoor fountain is the improvement of the air quality. The fountain acts like a humidifier, bringing benefits to both people and plants. Moreover, the flowing water also purifies the air from dust and negative ions.
As such, a small waterfall fountain is extremely beneficial for kids.
Another benefit of the indoor fountains in general and waterfall fountains, in particular, is the soothing sound of the water stream. This feature increases the quality of life, not to mention that it can reduce the annoying background noise if you live in busy areas.
This therapeutic effect is beneficial for both adults and children, therefore it is highly recommended to invest in an indoor waterfall fountain.
Types Of Indoor Waterfall Fountains
Many people dream of enjoying the soothing sound of flowing water all day long, but the vast majority believe that an indoor fountain is too expensive to get or too demanding to maintain. Neither is true. While in the past, indoor fountains may have been reserved for the rich and famous, on today’s market is easy to find affordable solutions for everyone.
The types and styles of indoor waterfall fountains range from small decorations able to fit on a countertop or shelf to imposing wall-mounted waterfalls.
Countertop Waterfall Fountains
Compact and inexpensive but relaxing and beautiful, countertop fountains are preferred by those who live in tiny spaces. They easily fit on a shelf or on a desk and are available in a wide variety of styles.
The most popular countertop fountains have oriental designs. Most of the times, they are easy to integrate into an indoor Zen garden, or you can use them as single decorations.
Many of these fountains come with integrated LEDs. The choice of materials varies from ceramic to bamboo, wood, marble, and even stone. They are powered by electricity or batteries.
Freestanding Waterfall Fountains
Freestanding or floor waterfall fountains also come in a wide range of styles. Most of the times, the difference between them and the countertop models is given by the size rather than the design. However, as they are bigger, it is easy to source them in more styles.
There are many design freestanding fountains made of glass or other stylish materials such as stainless steel paired with mirrors or other fancy elements.
Usually more expensive than the countertop articles, their price ranges from affordable to very expensive.
Wall-Mounted Waterfall Fountains
These are the most expensive indoor waterfall fountains but also the most stylish. As their name suggests, they are mounted on walls and usually consist of a glass or mirror panel enclosed in a stainless steel frame. The water cascades over the glass panel creating a beautiful effect.
Some of these fountains are also easy to integrate into the wall as a permanent fixture.
How To Choose The Best Waterfall Fountain
The design of your future waterfall fountain is the first thing to consider. Regardless of the size of the fountain, its design should match your interior. If you’re looking for something relaxing and that inspires to meditation, a small oriental fountain made of ceramic and bamboo might be the best option.
A small countertop fountain with candle holders might have the same effect. These models look great in a minimalist environment or in a home decorated in Japanese style.
Rock or stone fountains look well in traditional environments. A freestanding waterfall fountain made of stone looks well in a small indoor garden, arranged maybe under a staircase or in the living area.
Wall-mounted or modern freestanding fountains are great choices for modern or contemporary apartments.
We refer to the durability and robustness of the fountain rather than the actual material. Make sure the fountain is made of high-quality materials that will resist in time.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive decoration, choose resin over plastic. Although the two materials are similar, the resin is more resistant and maintains its properties for a longer time.
If you choose a ceramic fountain, make sure it is made of thick ceramic that stands well on a shelf and resists for a longer time.
Countertop fountains are powered by electricity or batteries, while the other two types are almost exclusively powered by electricity. Electricity and water are lethal when combined, so make sure the fountain has a well-insulated motor and power cord, that poses no risks.
Checking the integrity of the power source is particularly important if you have small kids or pets.
Best Waterfall Fountain: A Top 5
1. Alpine Tiered Column Tabletop Fountain with 3-Candles
Alpine Tiered Column Tabletop Fountain with 3-Candles is a popular countertop waterfall fountain designed to set the mood for meditation or romance. The beautiful design and remarkable characteristics make this three-tier fountain the preferred of many.The fountain is made of cast stone resin which is skillfully crafted into a balanced and durable decorative object. The pouring tiers make the fountain perfect for a small indoor garden, or you can place it next to the bath tub.View price
Besides three water tiers, the fountain also features three candle tiers, while tea candles are included in the purchase. The pillars boast a rough structure that imitates the natural stone, while the manufacturer also included decorative river stone that can be arranged on top of the basin to enhance the rustic character of this decoration.
The water cascading from one tier to another makes a soft sound that induces relaxation and invites to meditation, characteristics that make the fountain perfect for a yoga center or bedroom.
Things We Liked
- Design: the combination of fire and water, two primordial elements, make this waterfall fountain an amazing decorative element.
- Material: cast stone resin is a strong and durable material made to last for a long time. The colors won’t fade and the fountain will keep its beauty over the years.
- Accessories: the fountain comes with three tea candles and decorative river stones that increase the value of this decoration.
- Soothing: the soft sound of the water induces relaxation and makes the fountain perfect for meditation or romance.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The fountain is quite small.
2. HoMedics Envirascape Silver Springs Illuminated Relaxation Fountain
HoMedics Envirascape Silver Springs Illuminated Relaxation Fountain is a beautiful design countertop fountain ideal to use in a tiny Zen garden or as decoration in a minimalist or contemporary design. The fountain is stylish and comes with great features.To begin with, the modern design of this decorative piece brings a serene warmth to any environment. Measuring 8.10x7.25x8.25 inches, this waterfall fountain is tiny enough to fit on a desk, on a shelf or on the edge of a bath tub.View price
The fountain boasts a beautiful fountain that cascades from one bowl to another, while natural river stones enhance both the beauty of the fountain and the soothing sound of the falling water.
To complete the design, the manufacturer gave this piece a sophisticated finish enhanced by the soft illumination of the bowls. To create a relaxing ambiance, just turn off the lights and enjoy the colors of this countertop fountain.
Things We Liked
- Tranquil sounds: thanks to the disposition of the bowls and choice of materials, the fountain replicates the soothing sounds of a spring.
- Multiple water streams: the fountain boasts three waterfalls and the multiple streams induce relaxation and meditation.
- Oriental design: ideal for a Japanese or Zen garden, this fountain boasts an oriental design enhanced by the natural materials.
- Size: perfectly sized for a countertop or shelf, this fountain is easy to position anywhere and matches with all interiors.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The fountain’s pump is noisy and it can cover the sound of the water.
3. Alpine Mirror Waterfall with Decorative Stones and Light
Designed to increase the curb appeal of a property, this amazing waterfall fountain may be expensive but it’s certainly worth it. This wall-mounted fountain is made of stainless steel finished with a durable powder coating, it is available in various colors and doubles as a design mirror.The fountain is available in two colors, with clear or bronze glass. Both versions are stylish and share all features. The frame and reservoir are made of stainless steel finished with a durable powder coating, while the included halogen lights provide an amazing effect in low light conditions.View price
The fountain is powered by electricity and boasts a 6-foot power cord that provides plenty of reach for convenient placement. Moreover, the length of the power cord is easy to increase with an extension cord.
For elegance and splashing, the fountain also comes with a collection of natural stones that decorate the reservoir. Thanks to this addition, the cascade of water creates soothing sounds, inducing relaxation. Last but not least, the natural finish makes the fountain easy to integrate into any environment.
Things We Liked
- Water resistant design: the fountain boasts a water-resistant design and it is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use.
- Halogen lights: the fountain is equipped with a 10-watt halogen light that illuminates the face of the fountain and creates a gentle ambiance.
- Construction: the fountain is made of durable stainless steel finished with a durable powder coating that lasts in time.
- Choice: the fountain is available in clear and bronze colors. It is easy to integrate into a décor regardless of the color.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The waterfall fountain is expensive.
4. Mirrored Waterfall Light Show LED Fountain
If you like the idea of a mirrored waterfall fountain but don’t have space, or the budget, to afford a wall-mounted solution, then this Mirrored Waterfall Light Show LED Fountain might be the one you were looking for.This beautifully crafted artistry enhances all environments and is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The relaxing sound of water is enhanced by the play of lights, while the design involves the use of natural river stones and other natural materials.View price
The fountain is operated by dual-power batteries and comes with an adapter that allows you to connect it to an electrical outlet.
Apart from the modern design and soothing sounds, the main feature of this fountain is the light. The fountain boasts color-changing LED effects that make it an attractive decoration into a living room, patio, or even in your kitchen.
Things We Liked
- Affordable: this mirrored waterfall fountain is ideal to place on a countertop or on a shelf and it comes at a very affordable price.
- Design: boasting a modern design, this miniature wall fountain enhances the décor of a living area, kitchen, or patio.
- LED effects: this waterfall fountain comes with colored LEDs that provide fantastic a soothing meditation light.
- Natural materials: the fountain comes with natural river stones that enhance the soothing sound of water.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The pump is noisy and the batteries have a short life.
5. SereneLife Desktop Waterfall Fountain
SereneLife Desktop Waterfall Fountain is a stylish decorative item that fits in all environments of a home. Ideal for your indoor garden but great to use in a kitchen or living room, this beautiful fountain is designed to add value to any space.The fountain has three tiers and the water cascades over the different levels creating a soothing spring sound. The addition of natural river rocks can only enhance the sound and although the fountain doesn’t have any, you can easily add some.View price
The fountain also boasts a built-in automatic pump that keeps the fountain running for as long as you like. The pump is powered by electricity, therefore you’ll never have to worry about changing the batteries.
Another awesome feature is the waterproof construction that allows the use of the fountain both indoors and outdoors.
Things We Liked
- Color: the fountain has a brown finish and integrates with success in an indoor garden. The neutral color also matches with most decors.
- Applications: suitable for a wide range of applications, the fountain is water resistant and suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Design: the beautiful design enhanced by the three water tiers make this fountain a stylish decorative element.
- Soothing: the fountain is ideal for a bedroom, yoga room, or to place in a living room for relaxation and soothing purposes.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The pump is noisy unless completely submerged in water.
Conclusion & Final Pick
In our opinion, the Alpine Mirror Waterfall with Decorative Stones and Light is the best waterfall fountain on the market. Designed to increase the curb appeal of your home, this is an amazing mirrored waterfall to place on a wall inside or outside of your home.
The fountain is made of stainless steel, boasts a powder coated finish and comes with clear or bronze glass. Moreover, the reservoir is filled with natural river stones that increase the beauty and enhance the soothing sound of water. The presence of light also makes the fountain an original lighting solution.
Although expensive, this is a stylish waterfall fountain to consider for your home.